ASHEVILLE TRIATHLON CLUB
2015 GRAND PRIX
2015 Grand Prix Schedule
April 26 – Hammer Sprint Triathlon & Duathlon (Lenoir City, TN near Knoxville)
May 16 – Lake James Triathlon (Nebo, NC)
May 17 – Challenge Knoxville Olympic & Half (Knoxville, TN…this is an ATC club destination event)
May 31 – Xterra Tsali (near Bryson City, NC)
June 20 – Enka Triathlon at Biltmore Lake (Enka, NC)
July 19 – Asheville Triathlon (Asheville, NC)
August 2 – LPC Throwback Triathlon (Fletcher, NC)
August 8 – Lake Logan Half Iron Distance (Canton, NC)
August 9 – Lake Logan Sprint & Olympic (Canton, NC)
August 15 – Lake Lure Triathlon (Lake Lure, NC)
September 12 – Watauga Lake Triathlon (Butler, TN…about 30 minutes from Boone)
October 17 – Beach 2 Battleship Half & Full (Wilmington, NC…this is an ATC club destination event)
Wildcard – Any tri or du race, anywhere, any distance, any date in 2015. (But you have to finish it)
You must be a current club member before June 1 to score for any race before that date; after June 1 you must be a current club member at the time of the race to score
- The top 4 races of each participant will be used to determine the Grand Prix standings.
- Scoring will be done similar to Set Up Events series’
- Average of top 5 male/female times will establish the base time for each gender (this will not include any pro times)
- Base time will be divided by member time and then multiplied by the Event Weight to determine the Event Score
- Event weights; Sprint 0.90, International 0.93, Half 0.95, Full 1.00, Duathlon 0.90, Xterra 0.93
- You must submit your race results in order to be scored. We don’t go hunting down race results. A simple race reporting form to submit your races is here.
- Standings will be posted periodically on our site and/or Facebook page.
- No minimum number of races, but doing at least 4 greatly increases your chances of getting a prize, because we score the top 4 for everyone.
- There will be CASH prizes awarded to the top 5 in each gender at the Christmas party.
- All grand prix participants with receive a participation award at the Christmas party.