ASHEVILLE TRIATHLON CLUB
2017 GRAND PRIX
Wildcard – Any tri or du race, anywhere, any distance, any date in 2017. (But you have to finish it)
You must be a current club member before June 1 to score for any race before that date; after June 1 you must be a current club member at the time of the race to score
- The top 4 races of each participant will be used to determine the Grand Prix standings.
- Scoring will be done similar to Set Up Events series’
- Average of top 5 male/female times will establish the base time for each gender (this will not include any pro times)
- Base time will be divided by member time and then multiplied by the Event Weight to determine the Event Score
- Event weights; Sprint 0.90, International 0.93, Half 0.95, Full 1.00, Duathlon 0.90, Xterra 0.93
- You must submit your race results in order to be scored. We don’t go hunting down race results. A simple race reporting form to submit your races is here.
- Standings will be posted periodically on our site and/or Facebook page.
- No minimum number of races, but doing at least 4 greatly increases your chances of getting a prize, because we score the top 4 for everyone.
- There will be CASH prizes awarded to the top 5 in each gender at the Christmas party.
- All grand prix participants with receive a participation award at the Christmas party.